On August 3, 1803, the town council of Vannes recalled seven of the senior religious from St. Nicolas hospital, which had been located in Vannes. As the Hospital of St. Nicolas no longer existed, it was to the « Little Couvent », in the rue de la Loi, where they retreated, happy to return to their religious life.
Marerial conditions here were also very difficult : they were compelled to eat, to heat, to dress, to wash, to furbish their convent at their own expense.
In 1853, new difficulties appeared: although the sisters had been living with their own money and paying to provide for the requirements of the hospital for the past 218 years, the town council wanted to distance them, reproaching them for being too many in number and for spending too much time in prayer. In fact, the town council very simply wanted to expropriate their buildings. The sisters tried every possible way to overturn this decision, but to no avail.
Thus, they began to search for a new place, where they could continue to live their communal life, in prayer and service to the poor, in accordance with their tradition of canonical life.